Care Home fined – resident died after eating chlorine tablets

A care home operator has been fined £270,000, after a resident of Lomond Court Care Home, Glenrothes, Fife (who suffered symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease) put chlorine tablets in his mouth and chewed them, leading to his death.

Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court heard how on 4 August 2015 a delivery of cleaning products was made to Lomond Court. These were left unattended in a corridor, in an unsealed box. In that box….

HC-ONE Limited of Southgate House, Archer Street, Darlington, County Durham, pleaded guilty to breaching Sections 3(1) and 33(1)(a) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and fined £270,000.

More