Health and Safety Adviser Somerset
Job title: Health and Safety Adviser Home-based Somerset
Accountable to: Head of Health and Safety
Purpose of the role
To ensure the continuous improvement of all levels of health and safety within the Dimensions services and offices, through carrying out inspecting, Fire risk assessments, Investigations RIDDOR incidents, Insurance claims and advising managers within the Company.
The closing date is the 25th of October 2017.
Job title Health & Safety Adviser for Discovery part of the Dimensions group
Interviews will be held in Somerset on the 26/27th of October 2017.
Salary £30,000 + car allowance
Contact Steve McConnell
Head of Health, Safety
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Health and Safety Manager Abbeyfield.
Based in one of our regional offices either in Garforth near Leeds, Wellington Somerset or St Albans (but with significant national travel), we are looking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified Health and Safety Manager to help our care and housing charity maintain our high standards.
The Health and Safety Manager will be required to take the lead on all corporate health and safety issues (including fire safety) and ensure full compliance across the organisation with a focus on Housing and Care
You will be supported in your role by a Health and Safety Administrator and you will work closely with the Senior Management Team on all matters.
The key skills, experience and qualifications the Health and Safety Manager is required to have:
- Substantial experience of working in a Care environment
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- CMIOSH status ( or working towards it)
- The confidence and ambition to drive health and safety forward and the ability to influence others to do the same
- Experienced in interpreting, understanding and implementing health and safety and fire safety legislation
- Engaging and communicative and able to liaise at all levels in the organisation
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to write relevant Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures in a large organisation
- Experience of dealing with Fire Safety, Asbestos and Water Safety.
Please state notice period when applying for this role.
To apply send your CV and supporting statement of no more than 2 pages of A4 showing how your experience will help to deliver the main duties of the role to email@example.com